Sunday 10 March 2013

Sedition Wars - First Brush

I excited to start painting these Sedition Wars figures, the first humanoid figure I've done in a while.  This was just a quick test run, to check a Vanguard colour scheme, but it rapidly changed into actually painting the minis.  I wish I had set out to do that at the start.

I started with some bases.  It's been a while since I did a base.  The Dystopian Wars ships are not based and neither are most of the Epic vehicles.  Anyway, these figures come with many different sculpted bases, so I don't have to do much other than paint:


Now some real results.  I wanted to use a scheme that I had not seen and went with a duck egg blue-grey.  The result was not quite what I wanted, but not bad.

 
 
 
 
Definately, there are things I would do differently.  I should have painted the undersuit first, but I wanted to see how the colours worked.  The Object Light Sourcing, where the light from the blue pot lamp on the grounds illuminates the figure is a little heavily done.  I don't like the wash I used to mark the shadows.  H-Archive has some well-painted minis with black boots that look great.  I was thinking of metallic guns and I think I'll do that in the future, very dark metal.  The guns need a power bar to make them more interesting and that needs to be pained first.
 
But still I'm pleased with the result!  More to come.  Comments welcome.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment