Thursday 19 July 2012

July Painting Competition - Progress

Well, it feels like I am painting every day, but I am not getting too far.  The month is half over, and I am clearly not going to get 3 sets of 6 models finished.  It doesn't matter, the competition has still pushed me to paint more than I would done otherwise, I think.

The KoB Attackers are virtually done.  They are not varnished yet, I'm waiting to see if I can think of any more changes to make.  I started painting all nine, but only finished six to save some time; the other three will be quick to finish up some time in the future.  Their size made them trickier to paint than I expected, but I'm happy with the result.  There are work in progress pictures below; not the best pictures I have taken, but you can see what is going on.

I've started the CoA Diogenes.  There are only 6 of them and they are coming along quickly, much faster than the Attackers.  They are a bit fiddly to paint, so I'm working in short sessions.  Pictures to follow.

I am close to getting an "Artist Rating" on Cool Mini or Not, a popular miniature site.  I need 5 pictures rated by 50 voters - 3 of the images still just under 50 votes.  You don't need to be a member to vote, just click on the first image and the voting bar will be on your right; you can scroll through the images with the right arrow button: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AGN1964.

Attacker Class Frigates WIP 
Boilers and scaffolding.  I start in the interior of the miniature, so I am not splashing paint on painted areas.

Decking, then turrets.  The main colour is on the hull on some figures:

Stripes, portholes, sturginium engines:

Pretty much done.  Pipes on the engines, deck rails, reworked the copper:

There's one ship going backwards!  Suddenly, they look a lot better.  I am always surprised how bad the WIP stages look.

No comments:

Post a Comment